Monday, June 19, 2017

First Post: Intro and Explanations

Hello Internet. My name is Nikolaus Bautista, and this blog is specifically about Model Trains, sometimes "Real Trains," model making, and the like. To make this clear, here's some pictures of my model train collection:







As you can see, you can see I like older model trains. So if you're expecting the latest from Athearn, Bachmann, Bowser, Atlas, Kato, or any other make, I'm sorry, you have come to pretty much the wrong blog (that's not to say that that may happen, just not for the foreseeable future). I buy model trains on shoe-string budgets, and usually, they're the old, the tired, the defeated, the uncompleted, and pretty much the locomotives that were Top-End when Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, and American Presidents through Reagan, H.W. and Clinton, were in office. There are hopes for FDR-era Model Trains, but it's a long shot (as those very first HO scale models, are very rare). Any Questions, feel free to ask them in the comments. Any Comments, leave them in the comments. And the last two photos just reminded me: I still have to finish up the detailing plans for my Varney/C&O kit-bashed Hudson project. :/

Now that that's out of the way, here's to a Good Model Train blog. God bless this Blog, and the Readers. 




No comments:

Post a Comment